Story time: when Jay-Z A&R was trying to signed me

 


Somewhere around 2012 or 2013 I can’t remember during the summer after months of having protools LE I finally learn how to use this shit after watching a couple of videos on YouTube. We had started the deck back up those who live a certain lifestyle know what I mean when I say deck so after the deck was organized and people was put in position I’m still recording and posted music online back then YouTube Facebook and Twitter was connected every time you uploaded a video to YouTube it would come up as a tweet and it would automatically be posted on your Facebook after hearing g unit version of Troy ave’s all about da money I’m like shit I’m gonna do me one. I uploaded mines to YouTube one day I’m at the crib I get a call from New York I think da phone wrong like once or twice next I get a message it’s def jam please call google my name Lenny S for those that don’t know that’s jay z’s man he was also on this shit with Rick Ross and the dream called signed that aired on VH1 I called him back and he like can I call you back in a minute just a minute I’m like yeah he eventually calls back he like I’m I speaking to the artist or the manager I’m like both he was like he would you open up for young jeezy and two chainz on the 16th which is my birthday by this time it’s October I had followed young jeezy and two chainz on Twitter I seen the flyer jeezy had posted on his Twitter about the show oh yeah he had asked me how old I was I think I was like 31 or 32 any who he was like we gonna fly you out give you a thousands dollars to perform then you gonna compete in this rap contest it’s gonna cost you a thousand dollars to compete and if you win we gonna see if we possibly gonna get you a record deal I’m like nah I’m good the way I looked at it it was all a finesse I’m performing for a thousands then I gotta pay a thousand it ain’t no guarantee I’m gon win then he talking about possibly getting me a record deal nigga you bugging. So after I declined the offer come December he hit my line with the same shit again this time he like you got the talent all you need is the exposure this time It was five thousands to open for Wale but I gotta pay da concert promoter to perform at this point I feel like he trying to finesse a nigga I didn’t even bother to ask how much the promoter wanted cause from our previous conversation I felt he was gonna say five thousand keep in mind every night I’m praying let me get signed to def jam you know the saying be careful what you wish for cause you might just get it I Neva understood that saying until then cause this is what I wanted but it wasn’t nothing like I expected I declined the offer again sometime around January or February i get a call it’s a different dude running the same extract play telling me to google him and shit I’m like mane if you want me to pay to be in some kind of contest don’t even bother calling me back he didn’t I haven’t got another call from def jam since lol I guess they thought a nigga was gonna bite the bait the music game is ten percent talent and 90 percent business and the type of music they putting out today I would say this shit is a hundred percent business and zero talent they are singing muthafuckas off how many followers they got blac Chyna has a record but yeah mane that’s just one of my lil stories I had with the music industry  “love live life I hope you live for as long as you want and never want for as long as you live god bless”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW R. KELLY SEX TAPE LEAKED AND THE PHOTO’S ARE GRAPHIC

10 killed, 73 shot in bloodiest week of the year

XXXTentacion shot to death at the age of 20